Photobucket

2009-04-11

This is a Story of About How...

...I decided to take advantage of the whole, "on the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" thing.Had you going there for a minute, didn't I? Seriously, I'm 21, I'm a college student, and I've had the internet, albeit dial-up until college, since before I could spell properly. And, I mean, when this guy can work his way around the internet better than I can, it's time I get with the program.

No offense, Dave. But, aren't the one who's supposed to be so connected to the e-world that I'm socially inept (except on social networking sites, of course...)? Which, given the nature of this blog as an extentsion of my e-self, brings me to...

I've got a friend, who has a girlfriend, who also happens to live with me. She's all the time complaining how she doesn't have any friends, doesn't do anything, and is oft bored, sitting on the couch watching television. Yet, this girl's constantly, and I mean constantly, checking Facebook, updating her status, seeing others' stati, and whatever else kids these days do on that thar enternet. Clearly, then, she has friends...on Facebook.

This has bothered me for quite a while now. I mean...is she just teh lame, and that's why no one wants to do anything with her? Or is she, like how I picture the 11-15 year-olds of today, so accustomed to no one actually -knowing- her that she's developmentally unable to be social? I just don't get it.

Which brings me, through no transition whatsoever, to my next topic:



Isn't she just fan-tastic! That's Tetsuko, copywrite Dave C. Matthews. I've been a fan of his work for a long time. Wow.

I think that's enough for now. Oh, and Dave, if you ever happen to read this, no offense, man! I really do love your work; you just seem to fit the bill for "old guy who knows how to do more internet-things than me."

No comments:

Post a Comment